As of May 11, 2022
THIS JUST IN!! San Miguel County, New Mexico & Mora County, New Mexico have contracted with the The Humane Society of the United States to provide FIELD RESCUE to animals left behind in the fire/evac zones!
‼️ ADDITIONALLY.... HSUS will be handling ALL ANIMAL CONTROL CALLS = stray dogs, chained dogs, abandoned & abused animals for San Miguel & Mora Counties ‼️ Call Diane (202)570-6984 for ALL of your SMCo animal needs ❤
***If you have questions about shelter, call 1-800-432-2080, option #4
1. The Santa Fe County Fair Grounds location is:
3229 Rodeo Rd in Santa Fe, NM 87507
‼️ Currently accepting owned livestock, farm animals, poultry, rabbits, etc. Follow the signs to the "check in" area.
2. The Animal Welfare Coalition of Northeastern New Mexico is also providing 911 sheltering at the SFCo Fairgrounds.
‼️ The AWC location is ONLY accepting strays, pets left behind with no guardian & ANY abandoned chained dogs from the evacuation zones.
‼️ See bottom of post for info on what to do if you encounter a STRAY, left behind animal or an abandoned CHAINED dog in the evacuation areas.
***ALL displaced OWNED DOGS pls refer to #3....
3. Bernalillo County Animal Care and Resource Center & BernCo OEM have deployed to provide 911 services & shelter for displaced humans & their pets at the Glorieta Adventure Camps in Glorieta, NM.
‼️ This location is now accepting OWNED PETS ONLY from all evacuation zones. This includes dogs, cats, birds,
pocket pets, etc.
4. The Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society is providing temp housing at no charge for owned cats from all
evacuation zones! Please call Admissions at 505-983-4309 ext 1606
5. From Bessie Babits, Equine Vet in Espanola, New Mexico:
I am in Espanola, and also am an equine veterinarian. I have room to take in horses needing to be evacuated,
and also if they have injuries from the wildfire (505)779-2466 or email@example.com
6. Juan I Gonzales Agricultural Bldg @ 202 Camisa rd - contact Emma Empey (702)743-8973 & Penasco High
School @ 13 Old School rd - contact Bobby Lucero (575)779-9381 in Taos, New Mexico are both accepting
evacuees & both are equipped with crates & supplies for your domestic pets.
7. Taos County Sheriff's Posse Arena is accepting horses, farm animals & livestock. Call Livestock Inspector Ruben
8. The Downs at Santa Fe on the frontage road is welcoming evacuees - campers and their pets! Donations
9. City of Albuquerque 24/7 resource hotline set up for fire evacuees (505)244-8604
10. The City of Santa Rosa, New Mexico is welcoming evacuees to the Blue Hole Convention Center - 1085 Blue
Hole rd - with some accommodations (crates) available for pets & a 200 human capacity. Thank you to the City
of #SantaRosa #RedCross Click on this link for a list of hotels are offering discounted rates for any fire evacuees
(all pet friendly during this time) ~ https://www.facebook.com/photo...
***The City is also offering Livestock accommodations. Any questions, contact City Hall (575)472-3404, Blue
Hole Convention Center (575) 472-3763, and after hours contact Mayor Nelson Kotiar (505)507-1119.
‼️ Donations of dog crates & pet food are needed & appreciated!
11. From Felines & Friends New Mexico ~ Cat owners in areas under fire evacuation orders: Santa Fe Cats has space
available for caring for your cat(s) while you are evacuees. For those without insurance reimbursement for pet
boarding, a donation is appreciated. No cat will be turned away for lack of insurance or inability to donate. Call
SFC at 505-216-5141 to make arrangements.
12. Poeh Marketplace next to the Poeh Cultural Center in Pojoaque is accepting donations of dog & cat food to
distribute to evacuee locations.
13. The good people at Spur Stables ABQ Horse Boarding and Hotel are opening their stables to evacuees with
horses who need a safe place. It will be free of charge. Pls call them at (505)382-2370.
14. Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Park is now open for Mora/San Miguel County Fire Evacuees to park RVs, pets
This is free of charge, fill out a form upon arrival.
Please contact Felicia to coordinate.
15. From Route 66 Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Center in Abq:
If you are displaced with a pet by the Northern NM wildfires we are here for you. We can safely house your pets
and will take care of them for you if you are evacuated from the fires. Call us today if you need us (505)266-
7866. ***as of 5/6 @8pm all dog occupancy if full, there is still space available for cats & exotics 🪱🦎🦜🐢
16. Feed assistance is available through the State of New Mexico (Livestock Board) Call for info:
April Riggs - Area 2 Supervisor & regional operations manager for NM (575)643-6162 or email
17. From the good folks at CWW Feed:
Evacuation resources available for animals:
We have a access to the San Ysidro Rodeo Arena in San Ysidro, New Mexico for livestock and farm animals. We have people to help man it, there are wonderful pens and access to water.
We have pens available at CWW Feed for Horses and a few goats.
We have access to a couple of pens for dogs.
We have a number of crates and cages for small animals.
*** also, if you want to donate for displaced animals and people, we can take your donations at CWW Feed in
San Ysidro and get them to those in need.
Connie Collis 505 269 5410
CWW Feed Store 575 834 7038
Michele Ryan 505 234 5618
Please stay safe everyone and if you need feed for displaced animals, please call us!
~ For a list of needed (pet) supplies & Abq donations drop off location please click on this link ~
https://www.facebook.com/.../a.128359327224.../5197959496930785/ Thank you Quality Mazda!
There are really no words to describe the devastation & sadness consuming these communities & the beautiful
forest land. It is truly overwhelming 😭 Our hearts go out to everyone that has been affected...including the
animals. LV & SMCo have been part of NMDOG since 2009 & we have a lot of Dog friends there
#NMDOGoutreach We are worried about all of them.
‼️ Please DO NOT leave your animals behind ‼️
If you see an animal in need, scoop them up!! Call Diane with HSUS (202)570-6984 for ALL of your San Miguel & Mora County animal needs; The City of Las Vegas (505)425-7504; or take them to the evacuation center or any
Vet Clinic!! Stay safe everyone, be FIRE AWARE & please be kind to each other ☮️
💖 The entire population of the Animal Welfare Coalition of Northeastern New Mexico in Las Vegas, NM has been safely evacuated & relocated to various locations = 200 animals since Saturday 4/30 ❤ Any animals that were brought in as strays from the evacuation zones or have been reported to the AWC as missing, will be posted here ~ https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...
Animal boarding and shelters: https://www.nmdog.org/northern-nm-fires-animal-related-resources/
Boarding horses or livestock: Zamora Arena is providing shelter. For assistance, contact Matthew Romero at 575-643-6805.
Pas de Cheval Horse Rescue - currently has room for horses - email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Cat owners in areas under fire evacuation orders:
Santa Fe Cats currently has space available for caring for your cat(s) while you are evacuees. For those without insurance reimbursement for pet boarding, a donation is appreciated. No cat will be turned away for lack of insurance or inability to donate. Call SFC at 505-216-5141 to make arrangements.
We ask that if you'd like to come in, you follow guidelines and continue to WEAR A MASK IF YOU ARE NOT VACCINATED.
Most of our staff is fully vaccinated, but some of us may continue to wear a mask to be extra cautious. We hope you understand.
We know that many folks have enjoyed the curbside pick-up and drop-off service the last year and would love to continue offering that. Please just give us a call and we'll come outside to get your pet(s).
Thank you for your continued support as we navigate this. Wishing you safe and happy returns to travel and the exchange of happy smiles once again!